Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Page break problems

Hello Forum,

I'm running Excel 2003 on XP, and now for some reason, in the "page break
preview" window, I can no longer drag and move around the blue page break
lines. I used to be able to drag them around as needed to make the pages
whatever size I wanted.

Now, my cursor doesn't change to the "arrow shape" as I place it over the
blue line in an attempt to drag the page break line to me desired location.
I used to be able to drag the page break line around, and now I can't for
some reason.

Help..............I appreciate any support on how to fix this problem.

Thanks,

Robert
05/06/07
8:16pm PST
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

ToolsOptionsEditAllow Drag and Drop being unchecked is most probable cause.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 16 May 2007 20:16:02 -0700, Robert
wrote:

Hello Forum,

I'm running Excel 2003 on XP, and now for some reason, in the "page break
preview" window, I can no longer drag and move around the blue page break
lines. I used to be able to drag them around as needed to make the pages
whatever size I wanted.

Now, my cursor doesn't change to the "arrow shape" as I place it over the
blue line in an attempt to drag the page break line to me desired location.
I used to be able to drag the page break line around, and now I can't for
some reason.

Help..............I appreciate any support on how to fix this problem.

Thanks,

Robert
05/06/07
8:16pm PST

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Gord Dibben,

You saved the day,

Something so simple makes life so difficult when I can't find it.

I bow down before you, and would buy you cold one of your choice if I could,

thanks,

Robert
05/16/07
9:11pm PST

wrote:

Hello Forum,

I'm running Excel 2003 on XP, and now for some reason, in the "page break
preview" window, I can no longer drag and move around the blue page break
lines. I used to be able to drag them around as needed to make the pages
whatever size I wanted.

Now, my cursor doesn't change to the "arrow shape" as I place it over the
blue line in an attempt to drag the page break line to me desired location.
I used to be able to drag the page break line around, and now I can't for
some reason.

Help..............I appreciate any support on how to fix this problem.

Thanks,

Robert
05/06/07
8:16pm PST

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks for the feedback.

Gord

wrote:

Hello Forum,

I'm running Excel 2003 on XP, and now for some reason, in the "page break
preview" window, I can no longer drag and move around the blue page break
lines. I used to be able to drag them around as needed to make the pages
whatever size I wanted.

Now, my cursor doesn't change to the "arrow shape" as I place it over the
blue line in an attempt to drag the page break line to me desired location.
I used to be able to drag the page break line around, and now I can't for
some reason.

Help..............I appreciate any support on how to fix this problem.

Thanks,

Robert
05/06/07
8:16pm PST

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I'm suddenly, after months, am also not able to drag the page break blue
lines. My 'Allow Drag and Drop' is checkmarked. Any other suggestions? My
worksheet is 1205 lines of text, through column R. I want to add another 20
lines of data to my print area but can not drag and drop. Please advise.
Thank you,
dbrown