Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Find macro for already existing graph

I have a graph that i have created and i assume there is a macro out there
for it somewhere. What i would like to do is find that macro, name it,
create a button, and then assign that macro to a button. I'm trying to avoid
having to recreate the graph while recording. Is there a way to find the
macro for an already existing graph?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
bj bj is offline

there is probably not a macro, but while the chart is selected, goto
<chart<chart type<cutom types select user defined and click add

"Mike" wrote:

I have a graph that i have created and i assume there is a macro out there
for it somewhere. What i would like to do is find that macro, name it,
create a button, and then assign that macro to a button. I'm trying to avoid
having to recreate the graph while recording. Is there a way to find the
macro for an already existing graph?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

There are only two ways that the graph you created could be recreated with a
macro:

1) You recorded the creation process with the Record Macro tool
2) You wrote the code iin the VBA editor.

If you didn't do either of those, I'm afraid you will have to recreate the
graph whilst recording it.