Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Autofill or dropdown box help

I need an easy way of entering predefined text into cells. I have 4
cells on each of my worksheets that I contunally enter one of 5
different words. Is there a way to have a dropdown list in a cell or
have an autofill based on 5 predefined words?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You could have a drop down in each cell or a macro taking the dropdown to
the active cell

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"gtslabs" wrote in message
oups.com...
I need an easy way of entering predefined text into cells. I have 4
cells on each of my worksheets that I contunally enter one of 5
different words. Is there a way to have a dropdown list in a cell or
have an autofill based on 5 predefined words?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Go to
Highlight the 5 cells

Data --- Validation

Then select Lists and input the source range of your list.

You can also use combo boxes