Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Comparing two sets of columns

Hi Everyone,

I had a question regarding comparing two sets of data. So for example, i
have a set of data with account numbers and payment amounts. I want to
compared a loan amount and a payment amount from another data set to
determine if there is a match on both criteria.

Loan number Payment Amount
12345 100
45678 200
95844 300

I want excel to check to see if loan numbers and payment amounts from
another set match the one i have.

thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Depending on what you mean by this i think there is two ways you can do it. Try

=IF(AND(MATCH("100",Sheet1Range,0),MATCH("12345",S heet1Range,0),"Match","Not
A Match")

Or
=IF(VLOOKUP("12345",Sheet1Range,2,FALSE)="100","Ma tch","Not a Match"

It would be easier to reference the cells, so if A2 has 12345 in it, then
substitue 12345 with A2. And Sheet1Range for the first equation would be a
single column, in the second equation it would be the entire loan # and
payment amounts.