Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Link to PPT slide

I know that if I save a PPT presentation as html that I can create a link to
the file from within Excel. What I'd like to do is create a link in Excel to
a picture (as a picture, not a link) on a particular slide in PPT. If someone
places a new picture on the PPT slide, I'd like the picture in Excel to be
automatically changed/updated as well. Is there a way to do this? Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

1. Open your PowerPoint presentation.
2. Switch to Slide Sorter View by clicking the View menu/Slide Sorter.
3. Right-click the picture you want to link.
4. Click Copy.
5. Open your Excel file.
6. Click the Edit menu/Paste Special.
7. Select Paste Link and Microsoft PowerPoint Slide Object. (see below).

The slide is now linked. When someone opens Excel they will be prompted to
update the links. They will need to click "Yes".