Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Cells Slide Under

I'm not sure what to call this so I'm calling it when you
slide cells under.

It involves setting aside one or two rows or columns and they
stay where they are when you scroll across the other cells (the other
cells slide under and these don't move.

If you know what I'm talking about, what is it called and how
do you do it?

Regards,

Fred
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
CLR CLR is offline

It's called "Freeze Panes" Click in cell C3 for example and do Windows
FreezePanes and the display will be "frozen" with rows 1 and 2, and columns
A and B showing all the time, and the other cells "sliding under" them upon
scrolling.........
Window UnfreezePanes will revert the situation to normal.

hth
Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Fred Atkinson" wrote in message
I'm not sure what to call this so I'm calling it when you
slide cells under.

It involves setting aside one or two rows or columns and they
stay where they are when you scroll across the other cells (the other
cells slide under and these don't move.

If you know what I'm talking about, what is it called and how
do you do it?

Regards,

Fred

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

It is called "Freeze Panes"

Select A2 and WindowFreeze Panes to lock row 1 in view as you scroll down.

The rule when selecting is..............all columns left of and all rows above
the selected cell will be "frozen"

i.e. select C3 to freeze rows 1 and 2 and columns A and B

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sat, 20 Jan 2007 18:15:18 -0500, Fred Atkinson
wrote:

I'm not sure what to call this so I'm calling it when you
slide cells under.

It involves setting aside one or two rows or columns and they
stay where they are when you scroll across the other cells (the other
cells slide under and these don't move.

If you know what I'm talking about, what is it called and how
do you do it?

Regards,

Fred

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

It's called "freeze panes".

Suppose you want to freeze row 1 so that as you scroll down a sheet row 1
will always be visible:

Select cell A2
Goto WindowFreeze panes

Suppose you want to freeze column A so that as you scroll to the right
column A will always be visible:

Select cell B1
Goto WindowFreeze panes

Freeze panes is a "toggle". It toggles on/off as you select it from the
menu.

Biff