Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Cell borders and angled text

Is it possible to have angled text and a straight border? I'm trying to
create a two-line table, with v large fonts in Line 1 and smaller (angled to
help the fit) text in Line 2. To aid clarity, I want the whole thing with
each cell bordered. In past versions of Excel, I think I've been able to
have the angle/straight mix.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Do the following:

1. Click to slect the cell.
2. On the format menu, click Cells.
The format Cells dialog box is displayed.
-or-
Right-click and click Format Cells.
The format Cells dialog box is displayed.
3. Click the Alignment tab.
4. Under Orientation, enter a value in the Degrees list, or click the up or
down arrow to increase or decrease the value.
5. Click OK to accept the new propertiy values in the Format Cells dialog box.

Challa Prabhu

"David M Hargrave" wrote:

Is it possible to have angled text and a straight border? I'm trying to
create a two-line table, with v large fonts in Line 1 and smaller (angled to
help the fit) text in Line 2. To aid clarity, I want the whole thing with
each cell bordered. In past versions of Excel, I think I've been able to
have the angle/straight mix.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Challa

Thanks for your response, but I'm afraid you've only answered half my
question and, for me, the significant half.

I know how to angle text. I know how to apply cell borders. The problem is
that I want angled text in a cell with straight borders, and that I don't
seem to be able to get.

Can you help, please.

David