Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Text and Date

I would like to end up with something like "Week of May 14 to May 18", but
when I combine the text with the date (from another cell), the date shows up
as a serial number. If necessary, I can break this use as many as three
cells.
Scafidel
Louisiana
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Do you have both dates in separate cells? Like this:

A1 = May 14 (formatted as DATE)
A2 = May 18 (formatted as DATE)

="Week of "&TEXT(A1,"mmm dd")&" to "&TEXT(A2,"mmm dd")

You may want to make sure there are in fact dates in both cells, otherwise,
an empty cell will return Jan 00:

=IF(COUNT(A1:A2)<2,"","Week of "&TEXT(A1,"mmm dd")&" to "&TEXT(A2,"mmm dd"))

Biff