Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default Text and Date

Biff

"Scafidel" wrote in message
Thanks, Biff. This Discussion Group always comes to the rescue!
Scafidel
Louisiana

"T. Valko" wrote:

Do you have both dates in separate cells? Like this:

A1 = May 14 (formatted as DATE)
A2 = May 18 (formatted as DATE)

="Week of "&TEXT(A1,"mmm dd")&" to "&TEXT(A2,"mmm dd")

You may want to make sure there are in fact dates in both cells,
otherwise,
an empty cell will return Jan 00:

=IF(COUNT(A1:A2)<2,"","Week of "&TEXT(A1,"mmm dd")&" to "&TEXT(A2,"mmm
dd"))

Biff

"Scafidel" wrote in message
I would like to end up with something like "Week of May 14 to May 18",
but
when I combine the text with the date (from another cell), the date
shows
up
as a serial number. If necessary, I can break this use as many as
three
cells.
Scafidel
Louisiana