Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel 2007 File

I am using Excel 2007 for a running inventory, sucessfully for about 3
months. Every day I open my file and update it and save it during the day.
Today, I opened the file and a version approximately 1 month old came up. I
did not notice it till after I had already saved the current information.
Where did my most recent file go? Can I retrieve it. Why did this happen? A
lot of work will be necessary to input cureent inventory levels if I can not
access the most recent file. Please HELP!
--
Live To Ride, Ride To Live
Live To Love, Love To Live
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

hi,
I haven't work with 2007 yet but i doubt they change vb that much.
see these sites...
timed events....http://www.cpearson.com/excel/ontime.htm
email events......http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm

if nothing else maybe it will give you ideas.

Regards
FSt1

"PlayManXXX" wrote:

I am using Excel 2007 for a running inventory, sucessfully for about 3
months. Every day I open my file and update it and save it during the day.
Today, I opened the file and a version approximately 1 month old came up. I
did not notice it till after I had already saved the current information.
Where did my most recent file go? Can I retrieve it. Why did this happen? A
lot of work will be necessary to input cureent inventory levels if I can not
access the most recent file. Please HELP!
--
Live To Ride, Ride To Live
Live To Love, Love To Live

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

excuse please
I have replied to the wrong post.
sorry. please disregard.
FSt1

"PlayManXXX" wrote:

I am using Excel 2007 for a running inventory, sucessfully for about 3
months. Every day I open my file and update it and save it during the day.
Today, I opened the file and a version approximately 1 month old came up. I
did not notice it till after I had already saved the current information.
Where did my most recent file go? Can I retrieve it. Why did this happen? A
lot of work will be necessary to input cureent inventory levels if I can not
access the most recent file. Please HELP!
--
Live To Ride, Ride To Live
Live To Love, Love To Live

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi

Use the Windows Search function to search your hard disk for
Filename.* where Filename is the name of the file you are looking for.
Ensure that you choose the advanced option and tell search to include
hidden folders.

You should see a list of all files of that name with any extension,
along with their dates last saved.

Maybe, you saved it as a .xls file rather than a .xlsx, or vice versa.

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"PlayManXXX" wrote in message
I am using Excel 2007 for a running inventory, sucessfully for about 3
months. Every day I open my file and update it and save it during the
day.
Today, I opened the file and a version approximately 1 month old came
up. I
did not notice it till after I had already saved the current
information.
Where did my most recent file go? Can I retrieve it. Why did this
happen? A
lot of work will be necessary to input cureent inventory levels if I
can not
access the most recent file. Please HELP!
--
Live To Ride, Ride To Live
Live To Love, Love To Live

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

That was the first thing I did and just came up with the original file. Where
has this month old file been, I wonder. I save my work diligently. I can't
imagine what happened.

--
Live To Ride, Ride To Live
Live To Love, Love To Live