Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JHL JHL is offline

Default Extract select group of numbers

I have a large column of numbers containing both positive and negative
amounts. I created the absolute value of these numbers in a separate column.
Sorting the absolute value indicates I have offsetting amounts in the
original number column.How can I extract only those values that are not
offset? For example,

Amt = 1,000.00

Offset = -1,000.00

Also, some of the amounts have multiples of the same number. For example
after sorting I'll have:

15,000.00

15,000.00

15,000.00

..

..

..

15,000.00

-15,000.00

-15,000.00

-15,000.00

..

..

..

-15,000.00

525.00

475.00

125,000.00

450,000.00

100.00

75.00

..

..

..

Thanks for your help.

JHL

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

With the Company ID in A1:A20, Amts in B1:B20 and with a list of Ids in
E2:E7, then
F2
=IF(SUMIF($A$2:$A$20,$E2,$B$2:$B$20)<0,SUMIF($A$2 :$A$20,$E2,$B$2:$B$20),"")

Watch the wrapping, and copy down. You'll have to change the ranges to suite.

Regards
Peter

"JHL" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JHL JHL is offline

Thank you for your response. I'm not sure what the "id" is since, I didn't
have an id nor did you give an example if I need to create one. Maybe, I
need add to my original comment. Where I gave the examples of the numbers
AFTER sorting on the absolute value, I want to to be able to extract just
these amounts from my example.

525.00
475.00
125,000.00
450,000.00
100.00
75.00

"JHL" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Sorry

I just assumed that the numbers refered to a client, try this.

=IF(COUNTIF($A$2:$A$500,A2)-COUNTIF($A$2:$A$500,-A2)=1,A2,"")

You do not need the absolute list. Enter in B2 say, and copy down.

Peter