Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Billy Liddel Billy Liddel is offline

Default Extract select group of numbers

With the Company ID in A1:A20, Amts in B1:B20 and with a list of Ids in
E2:E7, then
F2
=IF(SUMIF($A$2:$A$20,$E2,$B$2:$B$20)<0,SUMIF($A$2 :$A$20,$E2,$B$2:$B$20),"")

Watch the wrapping, and copy down. You'll have to change the ranges to suite.

Regards
Peter

"JHL" wrote:

I have a large column of numbers containing both positive and negative
amounts. I created the absolute value of these numbers in a separate column.
Sorting the absolute value indicates I have offsetting amounts in the
original number column.How can I extract only those values that are not
offset? For example,

Amt = 1,000.00

Offset = -1,000.00

Also, some of the amounts have multiples of the same number. For example
after sorting I'll have:

15,000.00

15,000.00

15,000.00