Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Printing problem

Hello, I have in issue printing an excel file. The file is a 2007 format
and consists of several tables on several sheets. When I try to print a
sheet the printer will just print 3 blank pages with a couple characters on
each. I have saved the file as a 2003 version and the same thing happens.
If I copy a range of cells then past into a new sheet they print although
they have lost formatting. What could be going on here and how can I fix it?
Thank you
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Check your 'Print Area' settings in the Excel 2007 version - it is on the
Page Layout ribbon. I'm thinking that it's set to an area that includes a
lot of empty cells (to the left of your table?) and just a column or two of
the table itself.

Might be easier to diagnose if we knew the layout of your sheets - what
column the tables start in might give us a better clue.

"Paul" wrote:

Hello, I have in issue printing an excel file. The file is a 2007 format
and consists of several tables on several sheets. When I try to print a
sheet the printer will just print 3 blank pages with a couple characters on
each. I have saved the file as a 2003 version and the same thing happens.
If I copy a range of cells then past into a new sheet they print although
they have lost formatting. What could be going on here and how can I fix it?
Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I tried taking the print area out to no avail but after much wasted ink I
have found that the the headers are making the printer fail. I used to have
a custom header on the right , center and left. I changed the margins but
that did not help. I deleted the left margin and the print started until it
came time to print the center header. I removed the center header leaving
the right and the print failed at the start of the right header. Please
realize that I am printing landscape on legal paper. Just to be certain I
then placed a heading from the drop down list in the center and it failed
again. The footer still printed. How can I get the headers to print again?
They worked in the beta and the eval versions but not now. I know this is
true because I have the old prints.

"Paul" wrote:

Hello, I have in issue printing an excel file. The file is a 2007 format
and consists of several tables on several sheets. When I try to print a
sheet the printer will just print 3 blank pages with a couple characters on
each. I have saved the file as a 2003 version and the same thing happens.
If I copy a range of cells then past into a new sheet they print although
they have lost formatting. What could be going on here and how can I fix it?
Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I'm a little confused since you said that you placed a "heading from the drop
down list in the center". Which drop down list?

How does this look in print preview?

And what are the chances of you sending me a copy of the worksheet with the
problem? Even if you 'gut' your table to remove any sensitive data and
stuff, I would think that table labels/titles and the information in your
headers/footers would be enough for me to get a better idea of things from.
If this is possible, email as attachment to (remove spaces) HelpFrom @
jlatham site.com