Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Calculate productivity vs. ncreased work load

I'm trying to create a spreadsheet that includes the following information:
number of new tech requests created per month and number of tech requests
closed month. I then want to diplay the comparison of the two on a monthly
basis. I first tried creating a percentage by dividing the number of total
closed requests by the number of total new requests. The problem is that the
number of new requests created is increasing by month (due to larger staff,
etc.) and even though I've been able to close more per month, it looks like
my productivity is going down. I have an example of my current spreadsheet
below. Column A represents total of new tech requests created; Column B is
tech requests closed. I want Column C to be the comparison.

What I want to do is display the data so that it shows that despite the fact
that the new requests created monthly is increasing, my productivity
increased, as well.

Can anyone help? Thx!

Example:

A B C