Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Merged cell paste NIGHTMARE

Hi

I hope someone can help

I am trying to paste cells as values - The cells are merged and and
underneath the cells that have been merged contain formulas

All I want is the top value - the one I can see to be pasted into a
new column as one value.

Does anyone know how to do this?

I'd appreciate your help with this,

Thanks

Andrea

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If I were you I would remove the merged cells, all people that I know of
with good Excel knowledge always warn about using merged cells because
sooner or later you will have problems. For instance if you merge cells
A1:D1 to get a header that looks good, you might as well select A1:D1, then
do formatcellsalignment and select center across selection instead, then
type the header into A1, it will look the same with none of the drawbacks.
I can't tell you what to do since I NEVER use merged cells and if I receive
a workbook with merged cells I remove the merge

Peo Sjoblom

oups.com...