Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Can I paste a paragraph of text into a merged cell?

I have created a collection of merged cells in a worksheet, and users want to
cut and paste a paragraph into a merged cell. An error occurs, then when
entering editing mode you can eventually paste in the content, however it is
missing all formating and comes up as a single, long line of text.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
lee lee is offline

TCPohlman:

Did you get an answer to your question? I am having the same problem.

--
Lee

"TCPohlman" wrote:

I have created a collection of merged cells in a worksheet, and users want to
cut and paste a paragraph into a merged cell. An error occurs, then when
entering editing mode you can eventually paste in the content, however it is
missing all formating and comes up as a single, long line of text.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you read further down you'll see that the group generally discourages use
of merged cells. I have not found a solution, in the end I recreated the
template I was working on in Word with much better success.