Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
NWO NWO is offline

Default Comparing data...

Hello.

I have one set of data, columns named NAME and GRADE. Every two weeks this
data is updated. I want to be able to either highlight or generate an
exception report when any of the values in the new set of data differ from
the old set of data.

How is this done?

Thank you in advance?

NWO :)
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Is the updated data a new set of data in another location or is the "old"
data overwritten?

If the old data is overwritten then there's nothing to compare the new data
to.

Biff

"NWO" wrote in message
Hello.

I have one set of data, columns named NAME and GRADE. Every two weeks
this
data is updated. I want to be able to either highlight or generate an
exception report when any of the values in the new set of data differ from
the old set of data.

How is this done?

Thank you in advance?

NWO :)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
NWO NWO is offline

I should have done a better job at explaining my problem - my fault.

I have one Excel list with two columns, NAME and GRADE, with about 400
records. This list of data is good for two weks after which time I receive
another Excel list with basically the same data from our Personnel
department. What I wish to do is to compare this new list against the
current list, and highlight any NAME and/or GRADE valiue differences in the
new list. The changed values on the new list will be used to update our
database. The lists can either be on seperate worksheets or next to each
other

Mark :)