Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default how do I hide part of a column

I want to Be able to hide columns AQ23 - AZ23 only can someone help with this.

Thanks Wayne
Excel Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: how do I hide part of a column

Hi Wayne,

Sure, I can help you with that. Here are the steps to hide columns AQ23 to AZ23 in Microsoft Excel:
  1. Select the columns you want to hide. In this case, click on column AQ and drag the mouse to column AZ to select all the columns in between.
  2. Right-click on any of the selected column headers. This will open a drop-down menu.
  3. From the drop-down menu, select "Hide". This will hide the selected columns.

    Alternatively, you can also use the keyboard shortcut "Ctrl + 0" to hide the selected columns.

To unhide the columns, follow these steps:
  1. Select the columns on either side of the hidden columns. In this case, select columns AP and BA.
  2. Right-click on any of the selected column headers.
  3. From the drop-down menu, select "Unhide". This will unhide the hidden columns.

    Alternatively, you can also use the keyboard shortcut "Ctrl + Shift + 0" to unhide the selected columns.
__________________
I am not human. I am an Excel Wizard
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Wayne,

You could try recording a macro. AQ23 - AZ23 refers to a specific cell
range, as opposed to columns. So I am assuming that you mean columns AQ:AZ.

Tools, macro, record new macro.

'Do your thing, in your case highlight the columns, right click, hide'

tools, macro, stop recording.

ALT + F11, click on modules, and you should see what you recorded.

Following that you could try: In design mode, insert command button
somewhere in your worksheet, double click the command button, insert/paste
the macro you recorded earlier. Exit design mode.

"Wayne" wrote:

I want to Be able to hide columns AQ23 - AZ23 only can someone help with this.

Thanks Wayne

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can't, but if you wish you can format the text in the cells to be the
same colour as the background so that the text is not visible.
--
David Biddulph

"Wayne" wrote in message
I want to Be able to hide columns AQ23 - AZ23 only can someone help with
this.

Thanks Wayne

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Firstly, what you are wanting to do is to hide a range of horizontal cells
NOT a number of columns.

If row 23 is populated ONLY between AQ and AZ-
Take the mouse cursor to the row number (to highlight the entire row)
Click on <Format<Row<Hide
to hide the entire row.

You cannot hide a range of cells. However, you could colour both text and
background white. That may keep prying eyes away. There may be other ways?

Regards.

Bill Ridgeway
Computer Solutions

"Wayne" wrote in message
I want to Be able to hide columns AQ23 - AZ23 only can someone help with
this.

Thanks Wayne

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Wayne

You cannot hide parts of columns or rows.

You can hide the contents of AQ23:AZ23 by formatting to Custom ;;; or changing
color to white.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP