Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Break internal links

Hi I'm using Excel 2003. I have a workbook with multiple sheets. Some
sheets contain links to one other sheet within the same workbook. I want to
remove all the links to this particular sheet and replace with values so that
I can delete the sheet. I can do this using Paste Special-Values, but this
takes time as has to be done individually for each link (they are not nicely
aligned in one column).

Is there a quick way to remove these links? I have seen many comments
referring to the Edit-Links menu option, but when I go to the Edit menu, the
Links option is greyed out - why is this? Does it only work for external
links?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

See this page
http://www.rondebruin.nl/values.htm

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"doublew" wrote in message ...
Hi I'm using Excel 2003. I have a workbook with multiple sheets. Some
sheets contain links to one other sheet within the same workbook. I want to
remove all the links to this particular sheet and replace with values so that
I can delete the sheet. I can do this using Paste Special-Values, but this
takes time as has to be done individually for each link (they are not nicely
aligned in one column).

Is there a quick way to remove these links? I have seen many comments
referring to the Edit-Links menu option, but when I go to the Edit menu, the
Links option is greyed out - why is this? Does it only work for external
links?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks for trying Ron. The first solution on your page (Copy-Paste
Special-Values) is the method I am already using, but I am looking for
something quicker, which will break all the links in one go. I can't
use macros as these are client protected documents.

Is there another way to quickly break all the links to a particular
sheet within a workbook?