Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Validation List on a shared workbook

I wrote a function that adds new drop down lists using data validation. This
works fine; when the user clicks a button it finds the next free row and adds
the appropriate drop down lists in the correct columns to create a new row
for filling in.

My problem is that now I've done all this, when I share the workbook out it
seems adding new validation parameters to build a list, is not available on
shared work book!
Is there any way I can still do data validation to build a drop down list on
a shared workbook, or is there another way I can build my drop down lists
dynamically on a shared book?

Thanks in advance
James

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can't add or change data validation in a shared workbook. Perhaps
you could set up the data validation in the empty rows before you share
the workbook.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures