Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Text mapping

Is there a function that if I type a person's name in on one worksheet it
automatically appears in the designated cell on another worksheet?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
LT LT is offline

On Apr 27, 1:58 pm, Ms. Computer
wrote:
Is there a function that if I type a person's name in on one worksheet it
automatically appears in the designated cell on another worksheet?

Seems too simple, but have you tried to make a reference to it by
using a standard = (the cell that will contain the name of the
person).

If you dont want zero's to appear, try using this then

=if(Cellwithname<"","CellwithName","")

-LT

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I did try it but wasn't looking close enough. I was doing that but with
merged cells and forgot to delete the end of the range.
Thank you for your quick response.

"LT" wrote:

On Apr 27, 1:58 pm, Ms. Computer
wrote:
Is there a function that if I type a person's name in on one worksheet it
automatically appears in the designated cell on another worksheet?

Seems too simple, but have you tried to make a reference to it by
using a standard = (the cell that will contain the name of the
person).

If you dont want zero's to appear, try using this then

=if(Cellwithname<"","CellwithName","")

-LT

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

1. Press the Shift key and select those worksheet you want group.
2. Then, when you enter a value in any cell the sheet, the data will
automatically be enetered in the other sheet you grouped.

Challa Prabhu

mapping omer Excel Worksheet Functions 1 January 3rd 07 12:40 PM
mapping add-ins colettey29 Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 0 June 13th 06 06:51 PM
mapping add-ins colettey29 Charts and Charting in Excel 0 June 13th 06 05:56 PM
character mapping mpointon Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 March 14th 05 07:09 PM
character mapping mpointon Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 March 14th 05 04:49 PM