Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Creating a PDF will fillable fields

When creating a PDF from an Excel document - can you also specify what fields
will be fillable?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I would bet that it would depend on what you're using to create the PDF
version--and maybe the version of excel?

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Right now I'm using Excel 2003 - will be upgrading to 2007 later this year.

Am looking at getting a PDF package but want to get one that would perform
the function requested. I realize that the question is outside the normal
realm of Excel questions.

Brad wrote:

When creating a PDF from an Excel document - can you also specify what fields
will be fillable?

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Brad

Definitely cannot be done from the Excel end.

Adobe Acrobat 7.0 has a plug-in that allows you to convert a PDF document to a
fillable form.

Note the word "convert"........cannot be done in PDF alone.

Do a 'net search for "fillable pdf form" and see what you get.

Try this link for starters.

http://www.planetpdf.com/enterprise/... fillableform

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP