Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default .PDF to .XLS

Is it possible to convert a .PDF file to a .XLS? I have a adobe reader
document reader object that I want to import to a excel wrkbk but i'm not
sure of a way to do it, i have tried the text to columns command but it's not
working. any ideas??

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Yeah that worked but everything is still in column A, like I said I tried the
text to columns command but everything is too close together to do that, i
mean i could separte it in the .txt but still it save much time...any other
ideas?

Peo Sjoblom wrote:
Copy over the values as text to notepad, save as a txt file. Then open the
text file with Excel.

Is it possible to convert a .PDF file to a .XLS? I have a adobe reader
document reader object that I want to import to a excel wrkbk but i'm not
sure of a way to do it, i have tried the text to columns command but it's
not
working. any ideas??

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Tried that, it brings up the text to columns command...

Bob I wrote:
Try Open Excel, then File, Open and then select the .txt file and import
it that way?

Yeah that worked but everything is still in column A, like I said I tried the
text to columns command but everything is too close together to do that, i

[quoted text clipped - 9 lines]
not
working. any ideas??

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Do the following:

1. Open the PDF file.
2. On the File menu, click Save AS
3. In the Save As dialog box, click the Save as type list and select
Microsoft Wod document(*.doc). The filename automatically changes from .pdf
to doc. You need not have to enter a file name in the File name text box.
4. Click Save.
5. Open this saved document in the Microsoft Word program.
6. Select the Table you want and copy to the click board using the Copy
command from the Edit menu.
7. Open the Microsoft Excel Program and click a cell in the New workbook.
8. On the file menu, click Paste.
9. Repeat the step6 to Step 8. Until you copied all the table or any data
that is properly delimited using Tab, Comma, and so on.

Challa Prabhu