Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default how do i return to normal text from =PROPER(cell)

hello, I have converted some cells from lowercase to uppercase using
the =PROPER formula (a list of countries that is). How do i reconvert
back to 'normal' text. I tried deleting the =PROPER prefix and leaving
just (A1) etc but then this is not correct as it shows up as A1, A2
etc in the formula bar. It should just show belgium, denmark, italy
etc - jut normal text! thanks all, really appreciate the help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Use =A1, then copy all the cells, then do editpaste special and paste as
values

Peo Sjoblom

"showsomeidnow" wrote in message
ups.com...
hello, I have converted some cells from lowercase to uppercase using
the =PROPER formula (a list of countries that is). How do i reconvert
back to 'normal' text. I tried deleting the =PROPER prefix and leaving
just (A1) etc but then this is not correct as it shows up as A1, A2
etc in the formula bar. It should just show belgium, denmark, italy
etc - jut normal text! thanks all, really appreciate the help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Peo Sjoblom, thanks so much for that quick reply. you are very kind -
it worked perfectly! have a nice weekend also :) thanks again.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Change the case of text

Let's say you want to convert text from uppercase to lowercase or from
lowercase to proper case to make it more readable. To change the case of
text, use the UPPER, LOWER, or PROPER functions.

Formula Description (Result)
=UPPER(A2) Changes text to all UPPERCASE (NANCY DAVOLIO)
=LOWER(A2) Changes text to all lowercase (nancy davolio)
=PROPER(A2) Changes text to Title Case (Nancy Davolio)

Challa Prabhu