Tre1

Default Proper text

i am trying to change the casing in my text from all upper case to just the
first letter Example: TRACY = Tracy. Can you help me anyone please I dont
want to retype the whole work sheet
JE McGimpsey

Take a look at

http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/proper.htm

In article ,
"Tre1" wrote:

i am trying to change the casing in my text from all upper case to just the
first letter Example: TRACY = Tracy. Can you help me anyone please I dont
want to retype the whole work sheet

Gord Dibben

Tracy

You can use the PROPER Function.

A1 reads TRACY

In B1 enter =PROPER(A1) to return Tracy

Double-click on fill handle of B1 to increment the formula down column B as
far as you have data in column A.

If Upper case cells are many and spread out all over the place, you could use
a macro.

See David McRitchie's site for code.

http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/proper.htm

Gord Dibben Excel MVP