Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Merge Cells- A challenge!

I want to be able to select a range of cells, say columns A & B over the rows
2-14. How can I merge the A&B cells across each row, without having one
merged cell? That is how do I, in limited clicks, get A2&AB to merge, A3&B3
to merge rather than A2-B14?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try this:

Select A2:B2

From the Excel main menu:
<format<cells<alignment tab....check: Merge cells.....Click [Ok]
Ctrl+C.........a shortcut for <edit<copy
Select A3:A14
Press [Enter]

Does that help?
Regards,