Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How to create a formula that meets 2 different conditions...

I have column that determines eligibility (i.e. a €œyes€ or €œno€ indicated in
each cell between C7:C13).

In a different column, I have a formula in a cell (B30) that counts between
the cells
=COUNTA(B22:B29).

In the same column, in B31, I have a number that stays constant (i.e. 1500).

In the same column, in B32, I have another formula that multiplies the two
different cells =PRODUCT(B30:B31)

What I want to do is create a formula that determines the product of cells
B30 and B31 under the following two conditions:

Only if there are 3 items counted between cells B22 and B29.
AND
Only if there is a €œyes€ indicated between cells C7 and C13.

So, for every 3 items counted and 1 €œyes,€ then multiply cells B30 and B31.
Or if there are 6 items counted and 2 €œyes,€ then multiply. Or if there are
9 items counted and 3 €œyes,€ then multiply, etc.

If it does not meet these conditions, then do not multiply B30 and B31.

I hope I havent confused anyone. Let me know if you have questions. Any
help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi bj,

Thanks for your repsonse. You forumla makes sense, however when I entered
the formula I received an error message saying that Ive entered too few
arguments for this function. Am I doing something incorrect? Let me know if
you have any suggestions.

Thanks for your help,
-Jennifer