Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
jfg jfg is offline

Default Trigonometric functions in Degrees

The trigonometric functions atre in radians. How do I take the trigonometric
functins of angles in degrees?

For example, I have 30 in cell A2. In cell B2, I would like to take the
sine(30), where 30 is in degrees.

Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
bj bj is offline

that should have been
=sin(A2*PI()/180)

"bj" wrote:

=sine(A2*PI()/180)

"jfg" wrote:

The trigonometric functions atre in radians. How do I take the trigonometric
functins of angles in degrees?

For example, I have 30 in cell A2. In cell B2, I would like to take the
sine(30), where 30 is in degrees.

Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

bj wrote on Wed, 25 Apr 2007 11:28:00 -0700:

b "bj" wrote:

?? =sine(A2*PI()/180)
??
?? "jfg" wrote:
??
?? The trigonometric functions atre in radians. How do I
?? take the trigonometric functins of angles in degrees?
??
?? For example, I have 30 in cell A2. In cell B2, I would
?? like to take the sine(30), where 30 is in degrees.
??
?? Thank you.
??

For completeness, it might be noted that the RADIANS function
exists so that SIN(RADIANS(30)) = 0.5 etc. There is also a
corresponding DEGREES function that can be used to return an
inverse value in degrees, as for example, DEGREES(ASIN(0.5)) =
30.

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

E-mail, with obvious alterations:
not.jim.silverton.at.comcast.not

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
jfg jfg is offline

Thank you very much, BJ.

"bj" wrote:

that should have been
=sin(A2*PI()/180)

"bj" wrote:

=sine(A2*PI()/180)

"jfg" wrote:

The trigonometric functions atre in radians. How do I take the trigonometric
functins of angles in degrees?

For example, I have 30 in cell A2. In cell B2, I would like to take the
sine(30), where 30 is in degrees.

Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
jfg jfg is offline

Thank you, James. Your information will definitely come in handy when I am
working with the inverse trigonometric functions.

"James Silverton" wrote:

bj wrote on Wed, 25 Apr 2007 11:28:00 -0700:

b "bj" wrote:

?? =sine(A2*PI()/180)
??
??