Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
James Silverton James Silverton is offline

Default Trigonometric functions in Degrees

bj wrote on Wed, 25 Apr 2007 11:28:00 -0700:

b "bj" wrote:

?? =sine(A2*PI()/180)
??
?? "jfg" wrote:
??
?? The trigonometric functions atre in radians. How do I
?? take the trigonometric functins of angles in degrees?
??
?? For example, I have 30 in cell A2. In cell B2, I would
?? like to take the sine(30), where 30 is in degrees.
??
?? Thank you.
??

For completeness, it might be noted that the RADIANS function
exists so that SIN(RADIANS(30)) = 0.5 etc. There is also a
corresponding DEGREES function that can be used to return an
inverse value in degrees, as for example, DEGREES(ASIN(0.5)) =
30.

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

E-mail, with obvious alterations: