Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Tamper proofing

Hi, I placed this sort of query yesterday but it hasn't shown so I
shall repeat it.
I have a worksheet that I need to give to someone so they can input
data. How can I protect various cells so they can't accidentally
tamper with parts I don't want changed?

Thanks in advance,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

This won't stop anyone who wants to change anything...

Select your cells that can be changed
format|cells|protection tab|Uncheck Locked

Select your cells that shouldn't be changed
format|cells|protection tab|check Locked

Then protect the worksheet
tools|protection|protect sheet
(give it a password if you want)

(This protection is easily broken)

And there are a lot of things that you can't do on a protected sheet. You may
want to experiment.

flint wrote:

Hi, I placed this sort of query yesterday but it hasn't shown so I
shall repeat it.
I have a worksheet that I need to give to someone so they can input
data. How can I protect various cells so they can't accidentally
tamper with parts I don't want changed?

Thanks in advance,

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Have a look at-
http://www.1001solutions.co.uk/Desig...preadsheet.pdf
and, in particular, the section on 'Security'.

Regards.

Bill Ridgeway
Computer Solutions

oups.com...