Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
dan dan is offline

Default Saving a Template

After downloading a template and trying to save it I get a message that the
file is "read only". Is there a way to save the template so that it is not
read only?
Thanks,
--
Dan
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
bj bj is offline

If you want to use it as a template, you want it to be read only, unless I
missunderstand your question.

"Dan" wrote:

After downloading a template and trying to save it I get a message that the
file is "read only". Is there a way to save the template so that it is not
read only?
Thanks,
--
Dan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
dan dan is offline

BJ,
Thanks very much for your answer. The problem is that I can't save the
template at all. I get the message that the file is read only and am
presented with two choices, yes or no . Clicking yes gives me the read only
message, clicking no means I can't save the file to my computer. All I'm
really trying to do is keep the file on my computer so I can use it.
Thanks again for your help,
Dan
--
Dan

"Dan" wrote:

After downloading a template and trying to save it I get a message that the
file is "read only". Is there a way to save the template so that it is not
read only?
Thanks,
--
Dan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
bj bj is offline

this probably happens when you are opening the file.
accept it as read only then save it in your template folder as a template
with whatever name you want.

"Dan" wrote:

After downloading a template and trying to save it I get a message that the
file is "read only". Is there a way to save the template so that it is not
read only?
Thanks,
--
Dan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
dan dan is offline

BJ,
I did it and it worked. Thanks very much for your help.
best regards,
Dan Rudolph
--
Dan