Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Min Min is offline

Default #value!

I have a formula in one cell that returns a value dependant on data entered
into 2 other cells. If no data is entered into either one of these cells then
I get a return of #value! How can I stop this from displaying?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max Max is offline

Try something like:
=IF(OR(A1="",B1=""),"",<expression)
where A1, B1 are the 2 precedents
--
Max
Singapore
"Min" wrote:
I have a formula in one cell that returns a value dependant on data entered
into 2 other cells. If no data is entered into either one of these cells then
I get a return of #value! How can I stop this from displaying?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Min and Max? It was destiny! <g

Max wrote:
Try something like:
=IF(OR(A1="",B1=""),"",<expression)
where A1, B1 are the 2 precedents

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max Max is offline

Welcome, Min !
--
Max
Singapore
http://savefile.com/projects/236895
xdemechanik
---
"Min" wrote in message
Thanks Max! You're a star!
Min

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max Max is offline

Aha .. Yes, of course. Balance. <g
--
Max
Singapore
http://savefile.com/projects/236895
xdemechanik
---
"Debra Dalgleish" wrote in message
Min and Max? It was destiny! <g

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Min Min is offline

What a brill team we are!!
Perhaps you could give me some advice on how to make my workbook reasonably
secure. I just don't want the folks at my workplace to be able to edit it or
to view the code.
Many thanks

"Max" wrote:

Aha .. Yes, of course. Balance. <g
--
Max
Singapore
http://savefile.com/projects/236895
xdemechanik
---
"Debra Dalgleish" wrote in message
Min and Max? It was destiny! <g

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max Max is offline

Select entire sheet
Click Format Cells Protection tab
Uncheck "Locked" OK
(This "unlocks" the entire sheet)

Then Press F5 Special Check "Formulas" OK
This selects all formula cells only on the sheet at one go
Click Format Cells Protection tab
Check "Locked" & "Hidden" OK
(This will "lock" & "hide" the formula cells only in the sheet)

Then just apply sheet protection ..
Click Tools Protection Protect Sheet Password? OK
--
"Min" wrote in message
What a brill team we are!!
Perhaps you could give me some advice on how to make my workbook
reasonably
secure. I just don't want the folks at my workplace to be able to edit it
or
to view the code.
Many thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I have been reading through the posts on the subject of protecting cells from
inexperienced work colleagues, and this reply is just the answer I needed.
Max, thank you so much for sharing your knowledge with us.
Lindy,
Australia