Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Lindy Lindy is offline

Default #value!

I have been reading through the posts on the subject of protecting cells from
inexperienced work colleagues, and this reply is just the answer I needed.
Max, thank you so much for sharing your knowledge with us.
Lindy,
Australia

"Max" wrote:

Select entire sheet
Click Format Cells Protection tab
Uncheck "Locked" OK
(This "unlocks" the entire sheet)

Then Press F5 Special Check "Formulas" OK
This selects all formula cells only on the sheet at one go
Click Format Cells Protection tab
Check "Locked" & "Hidden" OK
(This will "lock" & "hide" the formula cells only in the sheet)

Then just apply sheet protection ..
Click Tools Protection Protect Sheet Password? OK
--
Max
Singapore
"Min" wrote in message
What a brill team we are!!
Perhaps you could give me some advice on how to make my workbook
reasonably
secure. I just don't want the folks at my workplace to be able to edit it
or
to view the code.
Many thanks