Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Set number of columns/rows?

I have been given a commercial spreadsheet, with coulmns A to M and rows 1
to 30.

How did the author set a limit to number of rows/columns?

Paddy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

hi,
not sure but one way he could have done it is to hide all rows and columns
that he didn't want to use.

regards
FSt1

"Paddy" wrote:

I have been given a commercial spreadsheet, with coulmns A to M and rows 1
to 30.

How did the author set a limit to number of rows/columns?

Paddy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you can't scroll past column M or below row 30 the author has limited the
scroll area using VBA code. If this is a commercial product the code is
probably very hidden and you won't be able to "mess" with it.

If you can scroll but the other columns and rows are just a big solid gray
area then the author hid the columns and rows. They may have done this with
code also and may have also prevented the ability to unhide the
columns/rows.

If you can scroll you can try to unhide the columns/rows like this:
(provided they haven't also disabled some of the menu commands)

Hit function key F5 (which may have been disabled?)
If the GOTO dialog opens type in N1:IV1
Hit OK
Then goto the menu FormatColumnUnhide

Repeat the same process for rows

Biff

"Paddy" wrote in message
I have been given a commercial spreadsheet, with coulmns A to M and rows 1
to 30.

How did the author set a limit to number of rows/columns?

Paddy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"T. Valko" wrote:

If you can't scroll past column M or below row 30 the author has limited
the scroll area using VBA code. If this is a commercial product the code
is probably very hidden and you won't be able to "mess" with it.

I think that is it. Can't scroll past those cells. I had looked at
settings, Help & Googled, all to no avail.

I thought maybe hidden, as you and FSt1 suggested it might be, but no.

I just thought it a neat trick.

Thanks

Paddy