Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default What is this in Excel? © This is the results when I enter (c).

When I enter (c) or (C) in Excel 2003 I get this icon © . This is the
results when I enter (c). Example: sin(c) becomes sin ©

This is strange????

Thanks for your help.

Carl

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max Max is offline

© is a copyright symbol which is a default replacement option for: (c) in
AutoCorrect Options

If you want to remove it ..
Click Tools AutoCorrect Options
Then just select and delete the line in the scroll list
which replaces: (c) with: ©
--
Max
Singapore
"Carl" wrote:
When I enter (c) or (C) in Excel 2003 I get this icon © . This is the
results when I enter (c). Example: sin(c) becomes sin ©

This is strange????

Thanks for your help.

Carl

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try this:

In an empty cell type: (c)

Excel will convert it like you said.

With that cell still selected goto the menu ToolsAutoCorrect Options

It should open to the AutoCorrect tab where you'll see the setting. Just
select that setting then delete it.

Biff