Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Irv Irv is offline

Default Office 2007 Drawing Toolbar

To get to the Drawing toolbar is really inconvienent. Is there a way to put
an icon in the quick toolbar?
Thanks Irv
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi

Hold the Alt button down and type n sh

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Irv" wrote in message
To get to the Drawing toolbar is really inconvienent. Is there a way
to put
an icon in the quick toolbar?
Thanks Irv

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Irv -

You wrote: To get to the Drawing toolbar is really inconvienent. <

How have you been getting there?

Excel's Help says "In 2007 Office release programs, to perform tasks that
you used to perform from the Drawing toolbar (such as inserting a shape,
drawing a line, and adding a picture, clip art, SmartArt graphic, or
WordArt), you click an option in the Illustrations group, or Text group, on
the Insert tab."

- Mike

"Irv" wrote in message
To get to the Drawing toolbar is really inconvienent. Is there a way
to put
an icon in the quick toolbar?
Thanks Irv

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Irv Irv is offline

If you go into Excel 2007 and click on Insert and then click on anything in
the Illustration group you do not get the drawing toolbar. You have to click
on shapes and then on a shape of any kind. You then have to go to the cell
and click on it. Then the drawing toolbar opens up. Then you have to click
on Format and then on Shape outline to get to something as simple as "line
weight". Thats a lot of clicks.
I was just trying to find an easier way, and thought that an icon might be
available. Try changing the line weight (thickness of the cell outlines)
yourself and you will see what I mean.
Thanks Mike,
Irv

"Irv" wrote in message
To get to the Drawing toolbar is really inconvienent. Is there a way
to put
an icon in the quick toolbar?
Thanks Irv

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Irv -

Yes, some tasks require more clicks in Excel 2007.

I was confused by your use of the phrase "drawing toolbar."

In Excel 97-2003 the Drawing Toolbar can be obtained by View | Toolbars |
Drawing.

In Excel 2007, as the Help excerpt below says, those tasks require the
Insert ribbon (Illustrations group or Text group).

As far as I know, there is no way to obtain the old Drawing Toolbar in Excel
2007.

When you format a shape in Excel 2007, I don't think you are using the old
Drawing Toolbar.

- Mike

"Irv" wrote in message
To get to the Drawing toolbar is really inconvienent. Is there a
way
to put
an icon in the quick toolbar?
Thanks Irv

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Yes, some tasks require more clicks in Excel 2007.

"Some", or "a great many"? This is the biggest weakness of the new UI, that
tasks take longer than before, even though a completely new user can find
some items more quickly.

As far as I know, there is no way to obtain the old Drawing Toolbar in
Excel 2007.

That's one baby that went down the drain with the bathwater, resulting in
many added clicks..

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"Irv" wrote in message
To get to the Drawing toolbar is really inconvienent. Is there a
way
to put
an icon in the quick toolbar?
Thanks Irv

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Dick's Blog reviewed two tools to let you revert to the old excel 2003
toolbars:
http://www.dailydoseofexcel.com/arch...into-the-past/

I haven't tried either, but I would be happy if there were a way to
just pin the ribbon tabs so they didn't revert back to the main tab
while I'm doing a number of things in the formatting tab. That's my my
annoyance.

Nicholas Hebb
BreezeTree Software
http://www.breezetree.com

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"Irv" wrote:

To get to the Drawing toolbar is really inconvienent. Is there a way to put
an icon in the quick toolbar?
Thanks Irv i need the anwer

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

There is no drawing toolbar in Excel 2007

You can add any control or group in the QAT by right clicking on it in the ribbon
and clicking on "Add to QAT bar"

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"lenlevi" wrote in message ...

"Irv" wrote:

To get to the Drawing toolbar is really inconvienent. Is there a way to put
an icon in the quick toolbar?
Thanks Irv i need the anwer

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Don Don is offline

The information below from MSFT Help does NOT exist!!
1. Under Drawing Tools, on the Format tab, in the Shape Styles group, click
the arrow next to Shape Outline.

If you do not see the Drawing Tools or Format tabs, make sure that you
selected a line.
2. Point to Dashes, and then click the line style that you want.

Finally discovered that they left out the fact that you have to go to
INSERT, SHAPES. SELECT LINE and draw it. Then go back and highlight the line.
Only then can you get the format tab by RIGHT clicking so you can select
arrows, dotted, color etc. Help section needs Help.
Does anyone know a way to do this with fewer clicks?