Totallylost

Default Can not work with saved files

Every saved file I attempt to use will not work. The files open, however,
when I click on a cell, all that I am able to do is essentially highlight
cells. The kicker is I can't click enter, can't use the toolbar, can't enter
text, etc.. The cills just turn a blue color when dranging the cursor
around. Any suggestions.
Nick B

Is anything pressed up against your keyboard?
Can you open a Word document and successfuly modify it?
Can you reboot the computer?
What happens if you go to Start-Run, type in "excel /safe" (without quotes)
and click OK, can you open and modify files okay then?

"Totallylost" wrote:

Every saved file I attempt to use will not work. The files open, however,
when I click on a cell, all that I am able to do is essentially highlight
cells. The kicker is I can't click enter, can't use the toolbar, can't enter
text, etc.. The cills just turn a blue color when dranging the cursor
around. Any suggestions.

TotallyLost

Nothing is pressed against the keyboard, I can open a Word document and
modify it, I rebooted the computer, I ran Excel /safe mode and that didn't
help. The problem even occurs when opening a new spreadsheet. Any more
suggestions? Thanks...

"Totallylost" wrote:

Every saved file I attempt to use will not work. The files open, however,
when I click on a cell, all that I am able to do is essentially highlight
cells. The kicker is I can't click enter, can't use the toolbar, can't enter
text, etc.. The cills just turn a blue color when dranging the cursor
around. Any suggestions.

Nick B

If you had the same problem when running in Excel's safe mode, then it is not
an option or add-in. I guess it could be a COM add-in. Can you go to
Help-Detect and Repair and let that run?