Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Making a cell equal to Zero

I have made a sheet for estimating purposes and i sometimes need a cell to
equal Zero (0) when i am not using that field. The last cell that gives me
the figures is.

=CEILING(SUM(F12*35,0),5)

Any help would be much appreciated.
TIA

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The last comment didnt come through..
I need the last cell to equal 0 when i place a number in another cell, it
currently gives me a dollar amount ,if i enter, Example 4=$20.00... but if i
place a 100 in the cell it gives me a $1.00 Figure. So i am trying to make
the 100 equal 0. Can this be done. Sometimes i am not using certain cells and
almost want to shut them off or make them equal 0.

"Chev320" wrote:

I have made a sheet for estimating purposes and i sometimes need a cell to
equal Zero (0) when i am not using that field. The last cell that gives me
the figures is.

=CEILING(SUM(F12*35,0),5)

Any help would be much appreciated.
TIA

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi

Try
=IF(F12="","",CEILING(F12*35,5))

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Chev320" wrote:

I have made a sheet for estimating purposes and i sometimes need
a cell to
equal Zero (0) when i am not using that field. The last cell
that gives me
the figures is.

=CEILING(SUM(F12*35,0),5)

Any help would be much appreciated.
TIA

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I tried it, with no luck, but thanks anyway.

"Roger Govier" wrote:

Hi

Try
=IF(F12="","",CEILING(F12*35,5))