Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Chev320 Chev320 is offline

Default Making a cell equal to Zero

I tried it, with no luck, but thanks anyway.

"Roger Govier" wrote:

Hi

Try
=IF(F12="","",CEILING(F12*35,5))

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Chev320" wrote in message
The last comment didnt come through..
I need the last cell to equal 0 when i place a number in another cell,
it
currently gives me a dollar amount ,if i enter, Example 4=$20.00...
but if i
place a 100 in the cell it gives me a $1.00 Figure. So i am trying to
make
the 100 equal 0. Can this be done. Sometimes i am not using certain
cells and
almost want to shut them off or make them equal 0.

"Chev320" wrote:

"christielee" wrote:

Format the cell to be a number with no decimals enter 0 and you
should be ok
so then if you are adding the column this cell will have no value

"Chev320" wrote:

I have made a sheet for estimating purposes and i sometimes need
a cell to
equal Zero (0) when i am not using that field. The last cell
that gives me
the figures is.

=CEILING(SUM(F12*35,0),5)

Any help would be much appreciated.