Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Slow opening of Excel 2007

Hi,

I've discovered that when opening an Excel file if Excel is not already open
if you minimise or maximise or click one of the menu buttons, etc, it will
cause the workbook to open much faster than the 60 secs or so it would
otherwise take. Really odd. Anyone got any suggestions as to why and
possibly solve this mystery?

Rob

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
dan dan is offline

Hey Rob,

Im having the same kinda problem. If i double click on any excel file it
opens excel but won't open the document, if i hit minimize it opens, however
if excel is open first. then i click on the files, it opens right up.

"Rob" wrote:

Hi,

I've discovered that when opening an Excel file if Excel is not already open
if you minimise or maximise or click one of the menu buttons, etc, it will
cause the workbook to open much faster than the 60 secs or so it would
otherwise take. Really odd. Anyone got any suggestions as to why and
possibly solve this mystery?

Rob

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
dan dan is offline

Hey Rob,

I have the same type of problem. If i were to double click on an *.xlsx
file it opens excel but the file does not show until i click on minimize.
However, if i have excel open first and then double click on the file or go
open and select file it opens right up.

I have tried to uninstall excel and reinstall, did not work. I also
uninstalled all of office 2007 and delete associated files that get left
behind it did not solve the issue.

I believe it might be a registry issue. I plan on formatting the pc and
reinstalling everything.

By the way, don't know if this might help but i did an upgrade from office
2003.

"Rob" wrote:

Hi,

I've discovered that when opening an Excel file if Excel is not already open
if you minimise or maximise or click one of the menu buttons, etc, it will
cause the workbook to open much faster than the 60 secs or so it would
otherwise take. Really odd. Anyone got any suggestions as to why and
possibly solve this mystery?

Rob

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Dan!

Even though this did not work for Rob (yet), you might try the procedure
described on http://martin.von-gagern.net/howtos/excel2007load before
taking such desperate measures like reinstalling the whole OS.

Good luck to you, and let me know if it works,
Martin