Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default PDF Printing from Excel 2007 -- very slow

I've attempted to print (save as..) PDFs from Excel 2007 using the Microsoft
Add-In, as well as the Acrobat print function (which I know isn't technically
supported by Adobe).

Both ways print at a rate of about 1 page per 3-5 minutes, and with workbook
documents as long as 200 pages, 3-5 minutes is really unacceptable. I've
tried embedding fonts and not embedding fonts, decreasing the quality of the
PDF, and testing on smaller files (2-3 pages), but nothing has worked.

Our only current work around is to save it out as an Excel 2003 format and
print from there, but this is a pain and we lose the nice new chart formats
from 2007. We've encountered the same slow printing issue attempting to save
to the .XPS format.

Does anyone know why this is, and if so, how to correct it so that it prints
5/6 pages a second to PDF like in Excel 2003?

--
Philip Trick
Actuarial Consultant
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Philip

Change the Quality and see if this help

Quality can be xlQualityStandard or xlQualityMinimum

More info here
http://www.rondebruin.nl/pdf.htm

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Philip Trick" wrote in message ...
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I have attempted this already to no avail. The "Publishing..." window comes
up, my PC goes nuts and the fan goes to full power (sounds like it's
attempting to enter orbit...) and after a wait time of 5-10 minutes I'm still
sitting at the first green bar with no progress.

This happens both at "Normal" - print/web quality, and "Minimal" - online
only quality with no noticable difference between the two in terms of speed.

In this amount of time, I could have saved out to Excel 2003 format,
reopened, and printed the file to PDF from another PC.

For reference, this PC is Athlon64 4200, 1gb RAM.
--
Philip Trick
Actuarial Consultant