Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Philip Trick Philip Trick is offline

Default PDF Printing from Excel 2007 -- very slow

I've attempted to print (save as..) PDFs from Excel 2007 using the Microsoft
Add-In, as well as the Acrobat print function (which I know isn't technically
supported by Adobe).

Both ways print at a rate of about 1 page per 3-5 minutes, and with workbook
documents as long as 200 pages, 3-5 minutes is really unacceptable. I've
tried embedding fonts and not embedding fonts, decreasing the quality of the
PDF, and testing on smaller files (2-3 pages), but nothing has worked.

Our only current work around is to save it out as an Excel 2003 format and
print from there, but this is a pain and we lose the nice new chart formats
from 2007. We've encountered the same slow printing issue attempting to save
to the .XPS format.

Does anyone know why this is, and if so, how to correct it so that it prints
5/6 pages a second to PDF like in Excel 2003?

--
Philip Trick
Actuarial Consultant