Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default ... If I have text in a cell, can I use "COUNT"...

I am creating an audit sheet. I have 5 columns labled 0, 1, 2, 3-4, 5+. In
the cells below these labels I want to place "X"'s to indicate the number of
incedences corisponding to the number in the labels.

Can I use the COUNT function to record the number of "X"'s in the range of
cells? (The COUNT Function works is I place numbers in the cells but doesn't
seem to work if I have text in the cells.)

Tnak you,
Darrell

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank you.