-   -   ... If I have text in a cell, can I use "COUNT"... (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/139071-if-i-have-text-cell-can-i-use-count.html)

Dr. Darrell

... If I have text in a cell, can I use "COUNT"...

I am creating an audit sheet. I have 5 columns labled 0, 1, 2, 3-4, 5+. In
the cells below these labels I want to place "X"'s to indicate the number of
incedences corisponding to the number in the labels.

Can I use the COUNT function to record the number of "X"'s in the range of
cells? (The COUNT Function works is I place numbers in the cells but doesn't
seem to work if I have text in the cells.)

Tnak you,
Darrell

Michell Major

... If I have text in a cell, can I use "COUNT"...

Darrell

COUNTA() totals text in cells

Dan

"Dr. Darrell" wrote:

I am creating an audit sheet. I have 5 columns labled 0, 1, 2, 3-4, 5+. In
the cells below these labels I want to place "X"'s to indicate the number of
incedences corisponding to the number in the labels.

Can I use the COUNT function to record the number of "X"'s in the range of
cells? (The COUNT Function works is I place numbers in the cells but doesn't
seem to work if I have text in the cells.)

Tnak you,
Darrell

Dr. Darrell

... If I have text in a cell, can I use "COUNT"...

Thank you.

"Michell Major" wrote:

Darrell

COUNTA() totals text in cells