Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default HARD RETURN IN A CELL

I have a spreadsheet that was exported from Outlook or word and has a hard
return represented by the symbol of a square. It looks like in Outlook they
had a street address, hard return and then suite number. I need to go through
the spread sheet and delete each hard return in order to leave all the same
data in one cell. Can this hard return be removed, without going through each
record?

Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try this:

Select the range of cells you need fixed

From the Excel main menu
<edit<replace
Find What: ...Hold down the [Alt] key...type 0010...Release the [Alt] key
Replace with: ...Type a space
Click the [Replace All] button

That will replace all of the line feeds (ASCII code 0010) with a space.

Does that help?
***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP

"Dave T" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet that was exported from Outlook or word and has a hard
return represented by the symbol of a square. It looks like in Outlook they
had a street address, hard return and then suite number. I need to go through
the spread sheet and delete each hard return in order to leave all the same
data in one cell. Can this hard return be removed, without going through each
record?

Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Good to know, Dave. Thanks.

***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP

Ron Coderre wrote:

Try this:

Select the range of cells you need fixed

From the Excel main menu

"Dave T" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet that was exported from Outlook or word and has a hard
return represented by the symbol of a square. It looks like in Outlook they
had a street address, hard return and then suite number. I need to go through
the spread sheet and delete each hard return in order to leave all the same
data in one cell. Can this hard return be removed, without going through each
record?

Thank you.

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank you, it works perfectly.

David

"Ron Coderre" wrote:

Good to know, Dave. Thanks.

Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP

Ron Coderre wrote:

Try this:

Select the range of cells you need fixed

From the Excel main menu