Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default formula for multiply one cell to one of two other cells?

Need help for creating a formula.
I need a formula to do the folowing on Excel 2003 program :
B1 cell x ( C1 and or D1 ) and put the figure on E1
in other words :
multiply B1 to either C1 and or D1 and put the calculated figure on E1.
Thanks in advance.
best wishes
M.Rafat

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

there is no conditions , but I wish to use one of C1 or D1 cell to be
multiplied by B1.
actually , one of C1 or D1 has 0 ( zero ) value and the other has number (
value ) .
is it enough or I may send the snapshot of what I am looking for ?
Thanks in advance.
M.Rafat

"M.Rafat" wrote in message
Need help for creating a formula.
I need a formula to do the folowing on Excel 2003 program :
B1 cell x ( C1 and or D1 ) and put the figure on E1
in other words :
multiply B1 to either C1 and or D1 and put the calculated figure on E1.
Thanks in advance.
best wishes
M.Rafat

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"M.Rafat" wrote in message
Need help for creating a formula.
I need a formula to do the folowing on Excel 2003 program :
B1 cell x ( C1 and or D1 ) and put the figure on E1
in other words :
multiply B1 to either C1 and or D1 and put the calculated figure on E1.
Thanks in advance.
best wishes
M.Rafat- Hide quoted text -

Enter this formula into E1:

=IF(C1=0,B1*D1,B1*C1)

-Shaun Scovil

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thu, 12 Apr 2007 12:00:02 -0700 from M.Rafat
:
there is no conditions , but I wish to use one of C1 or D1 cell to be
multiplied by B1.
actually , one of C1 or D1 has 0 ( zero ) value and the other has number (
value ) .

If either C1 or D1 is zero, and you want to multiply by the nonzero
one, then multiply by (C1+D1).

http://OakRoadSystems.com/
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank you very much .
I use this formula you and David Biddulph suggested and it works.
Thank you again.
regarding Shaun Scovil's formula , i will work on it and let you know the
result.
best wishes
M.Rafat