Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Validation values

Is there a way to restrict some list validation values to be in all caps
while others in the same validation value list are either mixed or lower case?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

By default the DV list is restricted to what is in the list.

When you set up the list, set the Case in the cells you use for the list.

If you are using a comma-delimited list type the list in the Case you want.

i.e. QWERTY,Asdfgh,zxcvbnm

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 11 Apr 2007 12:24:02 -0700, QLCKristen
wrote:

Is there a way to restrict some list validation values to be in all caps
while others in the same validation value list are either mixed or lower case?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Greek to me, but logical Greek. I set up one sheet with the values and named
the column headers to use them for validation. One column is a list of
manufacturers that our company deals with and two of the five are all caps,
the rest are mixed. I can get the validation to pull from these columns,
however, if I type in Abcd (for example) and the column for validation says
it should be ABCD it doesn't bring up an error message. It can be chosen
with a drop-down list as ABCD though, just wondering if there is a way to set
up a message to warn when it is manually typed in that the case is wrong.

Kristen