Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Dynamic name list and linked cells

I am helping someone from our church with a spreadsheet that tracks
giving from the members. Each week a person can give an amount and
designate it for different categories, IE general fund, missions,
youth group, etc. I would like to develop a spreadsheet that allows me
to enter the amounts for each person each week and also has a running
total for the year end amount. The problem is when a person starts
giving in the middle of the year. If I where to insert there name on
the week15 work sheet then the year end total (linked cells) will not
accurately reflect there giving. For example if we had giver_A,
giver_B, and giver_D on week 1 through week14 and the year end sheet
showed those 3 givers and the total given so far and we had a new
giver named giver_C and I inserted them on week15 the year end sheet
is no longer valid because we went from 3 givers to 4 givers. I know
that if I created a master name list and linked the names on each week
from this master list and made sure I selected all sheets when I
inserted a name on the name sheet that would work but I would think
there is a easier, less susceptible to error method. Any suggestions
would be appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Excel -- Data Validation -- Create Dependent Lists.

Use this URL: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal02.html

Challa Prabhu