Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Style 'Percent' not found error message.

I have a freshly installed copy of MS Excel 2003 on a new laptop. When I
select the "%" symbol from the formatting menu toolbar, I get an error
message: Style 'Percent' not found. Same thing for the "$" symbol; I get:
Style 'Currency' not found. I have had this problem before and just lived
with it, but I would like to understand the cause and the cure.
Thanks,
DanG
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Start a new workbook.
Check to see if each of those styles works in that new workbook (styles live in
workbooks--not the application).

If they're there, you can activate the problem workbook
format|style|Merge and "steal" the currency and percent styles from that new
workbook.

You may want to remember this. If you have other workbooks that have lost these
styles, you may want to do it again (and again and again...).

--

Dave Peterson