Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Error in the IF condition

When i am working on the IF condition i get the result as "False"
instead of Blanks. I used the below condition for Example;
if(a=20,5,"') where i am getting the result as false instead of
blanks. Can any one help me to know the reason as to why i am getting
false.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max Max is offline

Assuming source numbers in A1 down

Try the IF like this in say B1:
=IF(A1+0=20,5,"")
Copy B1 down

The "+0" will help to coerce any text numbers in col A to real numbers for
the correct evaluation
--
Max
Singapore
"Mahesh" wrote:
When i am working on the IF condition i get the result as "False"
instead of Blanks. I used the below condition for Example;
if(a=20,5,"') where i am getting the result as false instead of
blanks. Can any one help me to know the reason as to why i am getting
false.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You've presumably mistyped the formula in some way, but not the way you've
shown it here (with one double quote and one single). Don't try to retype
the formula for the group; copy and paste from the formula bar so that we
can see what you have done wrong.

Three questions are what the parameter separator character is set to be in
your system, what the thousands separator, and what the decimal separator?
--
David Biddulph

oups.com...